Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Last Hoorah before the baby comes in February

We enjoyed an exciting weekend in Phoenix as the Cardinals ousted the Cowboys 30-24 in a spectacular overtime finish. We had excellent seats on the 42 yard line 15 rows from the field. There were tons of Cowboys fans there which made it even more fun. Shaun had a significant wager on the game for the Cardinals to win and the combined scores to be over 50 points. At half time the score was only 7-7, so it didn't look like we would win our bet. The end of the game was pretty intense- with 1:54 left on the clock the Cardinals were up 24-14 when the Cowboys scored a touchdown making it 24-21. The Cardinals had to punt it back to the Cowboys with :52 seconds left. Then with :03 seconds left the Cowboys made a 52 yard field goal to tie it at 24-24 sending the game into overtime. The Cardinals ended up blocking a punt and running it in for a touchdown to win the game and our bet!!! Yea Cardinals!! Most exciting game ever!! We had a good time while in Phoenix-- we got to visit and catch up with our friends Ryan & Gina. Then we flew to Vegas for a couple days before coming back home. We had to get one last trip in before the baby comes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, it sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't know you were such a football fan. You will have to play in my fantasy football league next year. I love your blog, your family is so cute.

Talk to you soon,
Tammy

Kristen said...

How fun! I would love to go to a professional football game. I told Drew we are going to go to one next year.
Shaun is so lucky. How would it be?

Chelsea said...

that sounds like a blast. I am just starting to "get it" with football. Skyler realized the reason why I didn't like to watch football was because I didn't understand what the heck was going on. I kinda do now. I know it sounds stupid, but I didn't play so how would I know? Well I am starting to like it. I do love the games though, wish I could've been there, sounds like a blast!

Saucy Lady said...

How fun, I love the farm pichures, way cute. When is the baby due? What are you two having?? Talk to you soon. Amie